|Junior is coming!|
Even though it made for great TV, Mindy got over Danny asking her to leave his family's dinner way more quickly than I did in the Season 3 episode "Dinner at the Castellanos." What if she hadn't been pregnant? Would that have been okay then? He didn't even apologize for it so much as rush into a proposal on the basis of her being pregnant, that we realize in the Season 3 finale he didn't even wholeheartedly mean.
Television viewers may not realize it themselves but do you know what we live for - anticipation. Season 3 had less of it because Mindy & Danny were finally a couple (haters!) - but it would be great to bring that back in Season 4. The last thing I think I want to see is Danny return from India and for him and Mindy to pick right back up again from where they left off before he dissed her.
Here are scenarios that could be played around with:
1) Danny comes back from India ready to make a full commitment but now Mindy isn't ready to take him back, to Danny's disbelief.
2) Mindy wants Danny to remain in her life and be her best friend co-parent. Danny agrees but secretly yearns for her and wants her back. He finally realizes that he took for granted having Mindy romantically but now he's facing the reality that he may have lost her as his love.
3) Mindy and Danny plan for the arrival of their baby, and this continues to bond them - kind of like Rachel and Ross on Friends before they realize they should be together. Wait, is this too much like Rachel and Ross?
4) Pregnant Mindy should meet a great guy who wants to date her, and this should infuriate Danny (what kind of pervert wants to start a relationship with a pregnant woman!?). This great guy should be really great (not like the dopey and completely unbelievable Rachel prospect, Joey). Let's get some good love triangle action going. As you can see, I really want to give Danny the pain.
5) Of course, Mindy has to go into labor in a most ridiculous and inopportune setting. When Danny comes to her rescue, and in the glorious aftermath of the birth of Lahiri-Castellano Jr., great guy third wheel realizes he's not the one and backs off. However, Mindy still isn't ready. This also baffles Danny. She still feels that Danny's desire for commitment is because of their son and not because of her, and she is worried about upsetting their new family if things don't work out between them in the long-run.
6) The wonderful hi-jinks of Mindy and Danny and newborn baby raising. Of course, we need Grandma Anette in the mix and Mindy to assert herself as the mom.
7) The new family is doing great and Mindy and Danny are growing closer than ever. Suddenly, Mindy suspects Danny is talking to a new woman. This really eats at her. She follows Danny one day and finds new woman interacting with Danny & Junior, with new woman even holding Junior, and Mindy is like "Hell no!"
8) Ultimately, we learn that Danny was planning the ultimate proposal for Mindy. His proposal and commitment to Mindy finally wins her over, and she agrees to marry him - leaving the wedding to Season 5.